Friday, January 11, 2008



ANILAO – A Getaway Paradise
Anilao is perfect for those who are in need of a serious R & R. My best getaway experience so far belongs to my Anilao trip last Halloween 2005. My friend invited me to spend the weekend over at her family’s resthouse in Anilao and it proved to be the most solemn beach experience I’ve had. The place was a paradise at first glance and the snorkeling experience was most memorable. I also had a chance to get on board a Hobie cat. After taking several dips into the water, I decided wind coordination was not my thing.




















BUKIDNON – My Underappreciated Hometown
Bukidnon would always be special to me. It is after all my birthplace. I never got to appreciate the place however until my family decided to have a road trip when my husband (then fiancé) went there for the first time. The place may not boast of sunny beaches but the various landscapes it possesses are breathtaking. Bukidnon also homes the Monastery of the Transfiguration. My husband and I had our first wedding there and the place never ceases to amaze people.




















CEBU – The Second Home
Cebu is my second home. Like Bukidnon, I never really got to appreciate the rich culture and history of the place until my family toured my husband around the island. Lapu-Lapu’s statue was insignificant to me until my husband insisted on having his photo taken with a hero. Magellan’s cross, though it does not look as that big a deal as tourist guide books package it to be, it still invokes a proud feeling in me to claim that I have seen the actual Magellan’s cross. Then there’s the Taoist temple located at Beverly Hills. People always mistake the photos to be taken in China.











DAVAO
There is much to see in Davao. Going to Paradise Island is a must for any tourist. The island allows people to camp along the seashore, which for us seemed like a great idea until the mosquitoes attacked us itchy through the night. I do recommend camping but be sure to bring plenty of insect repellant. Another attraction is the Crocodile farm. It houses hundreds of scary yet must-see crocodiles. The staff also allows visitors to have their pictures taken while holding the baby crocs. Beside the Crocodile farm is the Butterfly farm where the staff are more than willing to explain the life cycle of a butterfly. The last stop of our trip to Davao was the Japanese tunnel. This historical site turned tourist attraction is supposedly an actual tunnel the Japanese occupied during their “stay” here in the Philippines. A guide will take you through the tunnel, explaining important sites along the way. There is a well inside the tunnel where gold was supposedly mined. Amongst the walls there is a structure that is supposedly the vault where the gold bars were kept.




http://kriremo.multiply.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home